This year marks 10 years since the attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City. For Muslim's though this also marks 10 years + that some have fealt under attack for just being Muslim. Around the world there are those that have always blamed all Muslims for that terrible day in September. Marking all Muslims as terrorists.
Well haters take notice. I am not a great historian but I see this as a turning point. A primarily Muslim nation stood up and said "NO MORE, WE WANT DEMOCRACY".
For me this shows that no matter what your religion, race or creed freedom is a universal imperative. I for one never blamed Muslims for the attacks but I also was not one to believe that Muslims could do something like this. I applaud Egypt and the protesters for standing up and doing it in a mostly peaceful way.
Bravo !!!!
Photo Courtesy of the Associated Press

No comments:
Post a Comment